Flamingo Therapeutics uses this website to communicate with the public about its mission, dedicated to the research of new treatments for patients affected by cancer.
We wish to inform you that, in the course of its activities, Flamingo Therapeutics may collect and process personal data (personal data is defined as any information about natural persons, either directly identified by their name, or indirectly identified, e.g. by a date and a place of birth).
Flamingo Therapeutics is the legal entity responsible for defining the purpose and the means of this processing (the data controller). In any case, we are committed, in accordance with the applicable data privacy laws, and in particular with the EU Regulation 2016/679 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (General Data Protection Regulation), also known by its acronym “GDPR”, to inform you about the processing of your personal data, your rights and how you can exercise them.
Who is accountable for the processing of your data?
Flamingo Therapeutics NV
Gaston Geenslaan 3
What is the purpose of the processing?
- Your personal data is processed to manage your preference when accessing Flamingo Therapeutics’ website, and to optimize the performance of the navigation according to the computer that you are using.
- Your personal data is also used by Flamingo Therapeutics to measure the audience of its website.
- Moreover, if you provide us with your email via the online “Reach out to discover more” form, it will be used to communicate with you. Further personal information that you may share with us during our future contacts will be used strictly to help answer your demands.
- If you are a professional, we may collect your personal data related to your identity from public sources to get in touch with you. We will always inform you about the collection and use of this data when contacting you for the first time, and you will have the ability to easily opt-out.
Under which condition provided by the law do we process your personal data?
- The processing made for the purpose of providing you a good navigation experience on our website and communicating with you is performed on the basis of our legitimate interest. Our interest is to communicate with individuals from the public strictly for the purpose of our company mission. This legal ground is used since the purpose of this processing is not to target you with solicitations or advertising.
- When your personal data is used to measure the audience of our website, it is on the ground of your consent. Visit our <cookies page> for more information.
What categories of personal data do we collect?
- The IP address of the equipment you are using when connecting to our web site; the date and time stamp of your connections to our web site; the technical data related to your equipment and navigator; your user preferences (e.g. language), your interactions with the web site (e.g. the pages you have visited).
- We also collect your email address from our online “Reach out to discover more” form. This personal data is necessary to process your request and to respond to you. In addition, and only on the basis of your explicit consent, we will process all your personal data that you spontaneously provide to us within the framework of our email exchanges, in particular sensitive data relating to your health that you may wish to provide us with.
- The personal data we may use from public sources to contact professionals are the first name, last name, email address, and, if available, the title and function occupied by the person.
Who are the recipients of your data?
The recipients of your personal data are exclusively members of the personnel of Flamingo Therapeutics, or services providers who process your personal data exclusively on our behalf, according to our instructions, and under an appropriate contractual arrangement.
A variety of technical and organizational measures have been implemented to maintain the safety of your personal data. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of collecting and processing your personal data. Specific measures we use include but not limited to firewalls, anti-virus software and encrypting your personal data.
Transfers of your personal data
Flamingo Therapeutics will not transfer your personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area without guaranteeing that you continue benefiting from the same level of protection and rights as you have in the European Economic Area under the General Data Protection Regulation.
For how long do we store your data?
- Your personal data is stored the time necessary to communicate with you or to send you updates on Flamingo Therapeutics’ activity in the future. We aim at maintaining a storage duration consistent with the duration of our on-going research projects, in any case in the limit and respect of your rights as presented below.
- When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal data, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal data has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal data and isolate it form any further processing until deletion is possible.
What are your rights, and how to exercise them?
- You can exercise at any time a right of access, a right to rectification or to erasure of your personal data.
- If your consent has been required before collecting your personal data, you can at any time decide to remove this consent.
- You can also, at any time, object or exercise a right to restriction of the processing of your personal data.
- For any request regarding the processing of your personal data, please contact us at the following email address: Data_Protection_Officer@flamingotx.com.
- If you consider that we have not properly respected your rights, you have also the ability to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority from the country where you are established.